Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Cookie Dreamin'

My Big Anzac Cookie
March is here, snow is melting, forecasting more this week! Yikes, I need cookies to calm down. My confession for today: I can't help myself, big cookies are my dream. Some like having 2 or 3 little cookies to nibble on. Dainty, tasty, tea time sweets. Not me. I want a huge, honkin' 5 inch cookie that's all mine, no sharing. I have several recipes that I make but perhaps my favorites are the Anzac, the Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip with Peanut Butter Cups chopped in and the Sugar Cookie with hard icing. Oh, and maybe the Oatmeal Raisin.
Anzac
New Zealand cooking: 1T=4t
1 c flour
1 c rolled oats
1 c unsweetened coconut
3/4 c brown sugar
2T golden syrup
1/8 tsp salt
1 t b soda
1/2 c butter, chopped

melt butter and syrup, remove
in large bowl mix flour, oats, sugar
combine soda and 2 T water in a bowl
stir into butter, might be frothy, add to flour mixture and stir well
350 degrees, parchment covered cookie sheets, 15-18 minutes, 8 cookies use large scoop and flatten
 
Parchment paper 6 cookies per sheet, cool on sheet about 10 min before cooling on racks.

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 c peanut butter (I love crunchy)
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 c milk choc chips
1/2 c peanut butter cups (6 full size, cut in 1/4)

mix dry
beat butter
add sugars
add egg
stir in milk and vanilla
add dry
add choc and peanut butter cups
350 degrees 16-18 min 12 cookies, use large scoop, flatten with sugar and fork marks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment