Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beef Barley Soup and more

Beef Barley Soup
Will this snow day ever end? We are still experiencing much to much hail, sleet and freezing rain for my liking. I haven't seen a blade of grass in a week. I'm having to hand pick periwinkle leaves for my hens as they demand their healthy greens as well. So, soup has been on the menu this week. I have made Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Vita-Mix (if you don't have a Vita-Mix yet, this soup alone is worth the price tag!), Italian Sausage and Kale Soup (even better than Olive Garden) and Beef Barley Soup. My favorite is the Tortilla Soup. It comes together in under 10 minutes and tastes as though I had been slaving for hours in the kitchen. I just need a mariachi band playing in the background. Ole. Would you like the recipe? I'll post it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment